Do you own an Android device that you share with your other family members sometimes? However, most people keep a screen lock on their smartphones and other devices. And this is the perfect way to secure your device and the data that you have stored in them. Nowadays, every one of us stores our essential documents, file, and even credit or debit card details on our smart gadgets, so that we can access them anytime. And that is why, when you hand over your device to someone else, you might feel a little stressed. Well, that is natural because you can’t guarantee that the other person will not mess with the data stored on your device. So, what can you do to stop the other person from accessing your data on your device? Do you think setting up a screen lock on your device is just enough?
Well, if you also own an Android device and get stressed every time you hand over your device to someone, then this article is for you. Before someone borrows any of your devices, you should set up the app lock for every app on your device. Do you know how you can be able to lock apps on your Android device? Want to get some tips for this? If yes, then you should read this full post. Here, you will get to see how you can lock apps on your Android devices. So, if you want to get to the technique for this, please explore this full post.
The Technique to Lock Apps on the Android Devices
The task of setting up the app lock for any apps on an Android device is much easier and convenient. Our smartphones are one of the most personal possessions for every one of us as they store all of our personal data. And that is why we should always be careful regarding the security of our devices. However, most Android devices come with a lot of security features. But, if you want to add an additional layer of security to your devices, you should definitely use app locks on your devices. By setting up the app lock on our devices, we can ensure the complete safety of our data.
Many Android device users might not be aware of how to perform this task. But there is no need to worry. Here, we have mentioned the most straightforward ways that you will have to follow. You can even use a third-party app for this purpose. So, now, it’s time to get to the procedure.
Method 1: The Steps for Locking Any Apps on Android With Screen Pinning
Screen Pinning is a feature that is included in most Android devices. The following functionality allows the users to show only a specific app screen. And with this, all other functions of your device will be locked, except for the app that you have pinned. This is a handy feature that one can easily access. Here’s how you can lock any apps on your Android device with the screen pinning feature:
- First of all, you will have to open the Settings app on your smartphone.
- And after getting to the Settings screen, select the option of “Security” or “Biometrics and Security.” And then tap on “Other Security Settings.”
- And now, scroll down through your screen and search for the option of “Advanced.” And when you find the option, tap on it.
- And next, go to the toggle button given next to the option of “Pin Windows” and then tap on it to enable the screen pinning option.
- For more additional security, tap on the option of “Ask for the pin before unpinning.”
- And after this, you will have to tap on the “Overview” icon and then select the app icon that you want to pin.
- And then, proceed by tapping on the option of “Pin this app.”
- Now, press the “Back” and “Overview” icons at the same time to unpin the app.
- And at last, you will have to enter the password, pin, or pattern to unpin the screen. And that’s it. The app should now be unpinned.
Method 2: Locking the Apps on Android Using a Third-Party App Locker
Using a third-party app locker, you can lock any apps on your Android device. For this, you can download any app from the Google Play Store. Here’s what steps you will need to follow according to this method:
- Firstly, open the Google Play Store app on your device and then install the “App Lock.”
- And after the app gets installed, open it, and then you will have to set up a password that you can use with any individual app.
- And now, grant all the necessary permissions to the installed “App Lock.”
- And the next step is to choose an app that you would like to lock with the password that you have created.
- And at last, you can complete the procedure by tapping on the “Lock” button.
So, these were the two most simple and convenient ways that you can try to lock any apps on your Android device. Go ahead and try any of these methods now. And if you want to get more suggestions like this, please take a look at our website.